How to hang your readymade curtain
Check the back of your curtain pack for easy-to-follow instructions or ask retail staff when you make your purchase.
1. Lay your curtains out on a flat, clean surface. Note the pull cords attached to the tape at the heading end. Check your fabric care code/guidelines to see if you can iron. If ironing is permitted, gently iron out any packaging creases using a cool/warm setting. Ensure you iron on the fabric side only.
2. (See Illustration on right) Pull the cords free at one end of the curtain tape. Tie a knot in the cords to prevent the cords pulling back through the tape when gathering.
3. (See Illustration on right) Insert the plastic hooks into the loops on the tape, one in every fourth pocket. The hook is inserted into the pocket upside down then rotated to hook downwards.
4. Pull the cords at the opposite end to your knot, and push the fabric in the opposite direction until the curtain covers the required window width.
5. Tie a knot in the cords and conceal the hanging ends behind the curtain. Do not cut the cords beyond the knot - remember you will need to stretch the curtain flat to clean it and reuse the cords to gather again afterwards.
6. Hang your curtains and ensure the heading is gathered evenly across the drape.